the things i dream of...

I have the longest designer wishlist. It has been growing since I was 10 or some ridiculously young age. And although this list is incredibly long, I have priorities which is what I will be talking about today. I am rounding it down to my top five current dream items.

1. Miu Miu shoes. Specifically a pair of either black or white pumps. I love how they take the classic Mary Jane style and add their fun, youthful and feminine touches like rhinestones, big buttons, block heels, multiple buckles, to name a few. One of my favourite pairs they did was their t-bar Mary Jane pumps with really high block heels, they are just so elegant and classy with the added edge of the block heel. 

I have loved Miu Miu for so long, ever since I visited their Barcelona boutique when I was 12 (maybe even before, I have a feeling I knew of Miu Miu before visiting their shop). I especially fell in love with their shoes. I have been wanting to save up for a pair for so long and now that I have a job I am going to start putting money aside for a pair (even if they are second hand because the ones I want aren't available new anymore).

2. Vivienne Westwood tartan bowling bag. I can't even tell you how long I have wanted one of these, I was quite young when I was bidding on eBay for VW bags that I obviously couldn't afford at the time. I love this shape for a bag, I think it perfectly encapsulates VW's punky, youthful and classic aesthetic whilst also being practical and sturdy (that being said the mini ones really aren't very practical, just cute!) I technically have a VW bag in this style, it was my first designer purchase that I bought for myself for my 19th birthday and it's one of the mini Yasmine Bags in shiny blue. I absolutely adore it but my heart still yearns for a big tartan one. In pink. Of course. 

Vivienne Westwood is the first designer I ever remember adoring and I still do today. I come from an art and fashion background because of my mum's career so I have always been exposed to the designers she liked, Vivienne Westwood being one of them. 

I have three VW honourable mentions because I don't want to mention the same designer twice in my top five: VW pink heart bag, VW corset and VW tartan suit.

3. Nodaleto Bulla Babies. As soon as I saw the white ones I fell immediately in love. I can't remember how I found out about Nodaleto's, all I know is I've wanted a pair ever since. I adore the shape of the heel, and the square toe and double strap. Again, similarly to the Miu Miu's, they are a take on the classic Mary Jane with alterations like the unique, chunky heel, square toe and double strap. They are such a distinct style of shoe and so immediately recognisable as Nodaleto's. Recently they released a pink pair and now I can't pick between white and pink. I even saw them side by side in a department store in Paris and couldn't decide which were more beautiful... maybe I'll have to get both.

I just saw Heaven (Marc Jacobs) and Nodaleto's collab and I adore them! This style is just so youthful and playful looking, I think it was such a good move to collab with Heaven and they should keep this style out permanently because it speaks to more of a wider audience than the original Bulla Babies do.

4. Burberry Tartan mini skirt. This is another item that I have wanted for so long but recently my love for them has grown and it has hit my priority list! I am the biggest fan of tartan skirts, I have an extremely large collection that I wear all year round and I just want more all the time. 

There is something about Burberry tartan that I am just so drawn to. I love the pop of red against the camel colour and the different styles of skirt that you can choose from; I'm definitely more drawn to the mini pleated kilt.

For me, it is a wardrobe staple because there are so many ways I could style it and it perfectly compliments my personal style. That's how I decide whether to purchase something, if I can think of at least five different outfits it can work with and I don't feel I need to buy something else to complete it then I know it is perfect for me.

5. Margiela Tabi's. I love Tabi's so much. They're not for everyone but they just speak to me on so many levels. I can't even pick what style I would buy if I could because there are so many, but I think if I were to choose my favourite styles it would be the classic boots in white, the ballet pumps in white and the Mary Jane's in red.

I love that the toe adds so much to a basic style of shoe because I know I wouldn't buy a plain white ankle boot but when it looks like I have hooves I bloody want it! I just think they are so unique and put a great spin on some classic style shoes, and they're so recognisable that you could never miss a Tabi if you saw a pair.

And that is only five of my dream items, maybe I will do more posts listing others because there are so many more things I could've put in this post. 

I'm trying to write shorter posts so I can post more regularly whilst I work on my longer and more researched posts. I have a few lined up for now!

Thank you for reading!

Love, Bella <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a few of my favourite things...

Dying for Art - An Exploration into the Beautification of Death

Pearl (2022) - The Red Dress Reframed